Laborers' Local 621
Working Toward the Future
Since its charter on March 21, 1938, Laborers' Local 621 has helped pave the way throughout Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, and Allegany counties in Southwestern NY. With over 300 members, Local 621 has continued to provide trained & skilled construction laborers to contractors in all phases of heavy & highway and building construction.
Local 621 is an affiliate of LIUNA - Laborers International Union of North America - one of the most diverse, progressive, and effective unions representing workers in the ever-growing construction industry. A half million strong, we are united through collective bargaining agreements (CBA), which ensure family-supporting wages, good benefits, the opportunity for advancement, retirement security, and better lives.
Who are we?
We are the men and women who do the hard, dangerous, and sometimes dirty work of building our countries. LIUNA members are on the forefront of the construction and energy industries.
What do we do?
Members of LIUNA are experienced Construction Craft Laborers that rely on a diverse set of skills, performed on a wide variety of jobsites. Our work consists of, but isn't limited to:
- Building roads, bridges, tunnels, transit & energy systems
- Demolition & deconstruction
- Assisting in the construction & maintenance of power plants & substations
- digging trenches for lines
- repairing roads after line installation
- building supporting infrastructure (oil & gas pipelines)
- General construction
- Concrete placement
- Roadway construction
- Site preparation
- Erosion control
- Hoisting & rigging
- Permit-required confined space
- OSHA safety
- Rough terrain forklift operation
- Trenching & excavation safety
- Erecting turbines
- Solar panel installation
- Hazardous material removal, such as asbestos & lead
Page Last Updated: Nov 03, 2021 (12:43:58)